Terms and Conditions
We require you to sign a disclaimer before taking part in any of our trips / expeditions. We also expect that the information you provide on the booking form to be true at the time of filling it. If you are confused, you are welcome to send us your questions. You’re booking with Nepal River Runner entails that you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions.
Booking Procedure :
- You can book a trip/expedition with Nepal River Runner through email or phone.
- You will need to pay 30% of package cost during the time of booking. This amount is not refundable.
- All prices are stated in US dollars. You can pay us in US Dollars or the equivalent Nepali Rupees based on the exchange rate maintained by Nepal Rastra Bank on that day.
- You may need to pay additional payment service charges based on your method/mode of payment.
- Please make your best effort to provide us correct information wherever or whenever needed. We will not be responsible for any problems that may arise from incorrect information that you might have provided.
- If you are under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must sign on your behalf.
- We reserve the right to change prices without prior notice.
- All prices quoted during correspondence are right for 30 days from the date provided.
- Payments differ according to tours and services that you are undertaking.
- You need to pay the full cost of your trip at our Kathmandu office, before joining your trips.
- Payments can be made either by PayPal, direct bank transfer or cash.
- Details of payments will be provided to you before booking.
Changes in Booking:
- In case, you want to change your tour itinerary before 45 days from your departure date, we will be happy to do so but you must realize that it will be subject to availability and the quoted cost will be recalculated.
- If you choose a cheaper trip, we will refund the remaining amount.
In case of your Cancellations
Please note that, if you cancel your trip after booking, you will lose your booking amount –
(30% of the trip).
- The cancellation date will be the day we receive your written cancellation request.
- If you leave a trip voluntarily for any reason, once the trip commences, you will not get any refunds.
- Nepal River Runner will not make any refunds for unused facilities/services such as transport, sightseeing, accommodation, meals or other services.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control, NRR might have to cancel trips. In that case, we will refund 100% of booking cost.
- We might have to cancel trips for reasons beyond our control such as natural disasters, political unrest, terrorism. We will be forced to cancel these trips because we take safety seriously. We will not put you and our staffs in immediate danger. Unfortunately, we cannot provide refunds in such cases.
- You cannot hold us responsible for other expenses including but not limited to non refundable flights, visas and vaccinations.
Change in Itinerary
- We will follow the trip/expedition itinerary as closely as possible.
- We may need to change the itinerary of tours for reasons beyond our control.
- Our guides have our backing to change the program for reasons including but not limited to bad weather or deteriorating health of trip member/s.
- We will inform of the program changes as fast as possible.
- Our guides may also decide to impose rest days or sometimes to turn back. It may be necessary to do so for safety reasons.
- Our guides are professionally trained and they have great amount of local knowledge and expertise, so you must follow their advices. The decisions taken by team leader should be taken as final.
Risks Undertaken :
- You will be spending your trip in Nepal, a developing nation and you cannot get the same level of health and safety facilities as you have in developed countries.
- Transport may be unreliable and uncomfortable.
- Hotels may not meet your expectations. However, we will always try to make sure, you get to the best hotel available around a particular place.
- You are taking part in adventure sports and you need to take risks of bodily harm or even death. You cannot hold Nepal River Runner or its employees or agents responsible for any injuries or even death while taking part in trips.
- By accepting to book with us, you understand and take full responsibility of hazards that you may face during the trip.
- You must tell about any health concerns you have before taking part in a tour.
- By booking with us, you imply that you and your group members are fit to take part in the tour you are undertaking.
- We may ask for doctor’s certificate of fitness before or during the trip to make sure that you are in good health to join us.
- By booking with us, you guarantee that you have personal travel insurance. We’ll need a copy of your insurance policy including emergency contact number of the insurer, before commencing on a trip.
- Your insurance must cover for medical expenses and emergency repatriation at the least.
- We advise you to take other policies such as curtailment, loss of luggage, cancellation fees and personal liability.
- If in your itinerary, you will need sports and emergency mountain evacuation insurance.
Rules to follow:
- You cannot bring drugs or come to trips under drug influence. If you show up under drug influence, we will refuse you from taking part in our trip and no refund will be provided.
- You must not abuse or harm fellow participants.
- You must not steal.
- Alcohol is allowed only at the end of the day after activities are completed.
- You cannot raft or kayak while you are drunk for safety purpose. If you do not follow this rule we will refuse you to take part in the trip and no refund will be provided.
Our right to refuse:
We reserve our right to refuse any persons to take part in our trip for following reasons:
- Being Intoxicated.
- For abusing team members or harming them
- For not complying with our guides’ directions.
- Based on age. There are age limits for some trips.
- You will be responsible for any damage or loss of your personal rented equipments.
- If the equipment is damaged, you must pay reparation fees.
- In case of equipment loss, you must either replace the equipment or pay the cost of the equipment in full.
Errors and Omissions:
- We try our best to provide accurate informations to you before booking, but you cannot hold us responsible for any error, omissions or unintentional misrepresentation that may occur.
By booking with us, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions on this page.